Wednesday

ROUND ROBINS - ABC'S of AUTUMN
KINDEST MONTHS
I moved to Queensland because I hated the winter weather in Victoria. However I hadn't realised how much I would miss Autumn, which of course happens in the months of March, April and May in the southern hemisphere. I think of them as the kindest months as they come after the long hot humid days of summer. Even in Victoria they were a relief from very hot dry heat with Febuary being the worst. It was as if summer was having a last hurrah, just as we returned to school after the summer holidays.


Up here we have lots of palm trees and evergreens, besides it doesn't get cold enough for the trees to lose there leaves until the winter months. The display is, one of a bit of yellow then they drop. So I miss the beautiful change and variety of colours and the sound of leaves rustling and crunching beneath your feet. These 3 photos were taken in the UK last year.

Check out the other entries

Links

TJ

Carly

Karen

Janet

Teena ***Welcome, New Member!***

Nancy

boliyou

Danella ****Welcome New Member****

Suzanne R

Linda (Lou)

Gem

Julie

Steven

Derek

rRose




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you have amazing pictures on your blog. I do the photo a day on mine too. Such a lovely site. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.

Suzanne R said...

Beautiful shots and great use of your initials. I love Australia -- I'd love to go there someday!

Teena in Toronto said...

Wow! The leaves are gorgeous on the trees!

Mine's up :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful!! esp that last one.

Anonymous said...

Your photos are beautiful! My old eyes had a hard time reading the text tho...

Carly said...

Hi Kerrin :)

Stunning photos darlin! :) You take awesome photos, it felt like I was right there! :) Excellent!

Always, Carly

Steven said...

Nice shots! My climate is similar in that I don't get much autumn color and what I do get is very late in the season.

Anonymous said...

The colors in that third photo are amazing. Like the canal boats, too.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures. Your autumn sounds very much like ours in North Texas. Fall and Spring each last for about two weeks if we're lucky.

Anonymous said...

Oops. I meant to add something about the juiceless berries in my picture. They're juiceless as in "dessicated." They're not any particular variety; we've just had a lousy year for fruit.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I love these, especially the one with the canal boats and the one with the red leaves. And I tend to forget around the Southern Hemisphere having the flip-flopped seasons. Once in London I saw a sign: "The weather isn't always perfect in Australia. Sometimes you have to wear a shirt."